Monday, December 28, 2009

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

What a Christmas this was! We stayed busy the whole time.
I had to work part of the day on Thursday, but I made the most of my time. I got all the laundry done and made the house "Christmas clean". Matt worked on house projects most of Thursday. I went to Aunt Rosie's in the evening for dinner and some laughs. We had a good crowd. Came home around nine, Matt and I snuggled in for the night and watched a movie. Friday morning we got up waaaay too early. We hurried in our pjs and went to the in-laws for Christmas morning and Christmas breakfast. We made monkey bread and an egg casserole. Then we got to dive into our presents! I was so excited when I opened my gift...drum roll...A new kitchenaid stand mixer! Hooray! I am so thrilled to make and bake new things. Matt's grandparents got me a cover for it and a pasta attachment. My brain has been turning as to what my first project will be. We came home around noon time, to get cleaned up and loaf around the house. We went back to the in-laws for dinner and games. Great dinner and a nice game of hide-and-go-seek in the dark. I always win. I have the best hiding spots.
Went home late.
Finally, we got to sleep in on Saturday. We did some running around, the stores we went to were empty. Everyone must have still been sleeping :) Then we got started on the real work. Matt replaced our red brick fireplace with real stones. It looks amazing. I attempted to paint some doors and some trim. That got old real fast. I ended up helping Matt with what I could. We were so excited when it was done, we decided to hang the TV so we could watch a movie. Finally at 12:30am we started watching our movie. We put our camp chairs in the living room and relaxed. Sunday we went to Jenny and Seth's house for another Christmas lunch. Mom and Craig were there to celebrate the day! Kole loved all of his presents and we had a great time! We came home and walked the dog, then invited Tony and Sarah and Dave and Linnae over for a movie. So we got out MORE camp chairs and Tony did have to sit on the floor, but we had a good time. Finally, Christmas is over. Enjoy the pictures!

Fun at Aunt Rosie's

My precious new mixer
The fireplace, cement covering the red brick

The fireplace and TV...Not quite finished yet
Jenny, Craig, and Mom opening gifts

1 comment:

  1. cute blog, keep up with the posts, i like seeing pics and hearing your stories :)

    ReplyDelete